Transfer-Embellish-Stitch: 16 Textile Projects for the Modern Maker. Sewing book by Jen Fox and Sarah Case combines surface design and practical projects!
* this is a physical book that will be mailed to you *
It’s time for some hands-on surface design with your favorite surface—fabric! Transferring a pretty motif to your sewing project is easy with 4 unique image-transfer methods: stencil, transfer paper, freezer paper, and fusible web. Express yourself through unique embellishments like paint, embroidery, and reverse appliqué. Then try your hand at 16 mix-and-match sewing projects from wearables to fun, useful gifts for the home. Use the pattern pullout to copy modern graphics in the perfect size for your project.
• Learn 4 easy ways to copy images to fabric, then embellish with 6 surface design techniques—cut-out, embroidery, discharge, paint, appliqué, and reverse appliqué
• Sew 16 modern projects for giving and living, with full-size motifs for DIY fabric printing
• Mix it up for one-of-a-kind pieces! Inspirational project gallery shows you how
My coauthor, Sarah Case, and I wrote this book together and we are so excited for its release! We are passionate about giving people the tools to experiment with their own ways of being creative. We hope this book gives you the techniques to create your own one-of-a-kind projects!
Here's a behind the scenes look at the book and the process on my blog: http://jenfoxstudios.com/jen-fox-blog/item/2-behind-the-scenes-writing-transfer-embellish-stitch
Some projects in the book:
- oven mitt
- storage basket
- statement jewelry, statement necklace
- wall art
- tote bag
- greeting cards
- many more!
112p + pattern pullout, color
8 x 10
This is a really amazing book. Every single project is totally unique, super creative, beautiful and DOABLE! Love it, love it, love it.